National Statistical Offices and National authorities responsible for the collection, dissemination and analysis of statistics on crime, victimization and justice. Policy makers, experts, ministries and agencies involved in the development, monitoring and assessment of policies to prevent crime and improve the functioning of the criminal justice system.
Statisticians, researchers, scholars and other experts interested in crime statistics and involved in the improvement of surveys design, the development of research and the promotion of international standards within the fields of governance, crime, victimization and justice.
Civil Society Organizations, research institutions, academia, media representatives dealing with crime analysis and issues related to the measurement of access to justice/rule of law at national and international levels.
1. Statistics on crime, victimization and justice on public policies.
2. Institutional coordination for the production and dissemination of statistics on crime, victimization and justice.
3. Integrated statistical systems of data on crime, victimization and justice.
4. Compilation of statistics on crime and justice of populations at risk.
5. Classifications of crime statistics: national and international experiences.
6. Methodologies for measuring transnational crime: organized crime, cybercrime, human trafficking, migrant smuggling, illicit firearms trafficking, environmental crimes, money laundering, corruption and illicit financial flows.
7. New tools and instruments for measuring crime, violence and justice in low and middle-income areas (perception surveys, social networks assessments, Big Data and others).
8. Innovation in victimization surveys.
9. Methodologies for measuring crime prevention at local and national levels.
10. Current discussions about drugs.
11. Dimensions on Governance and the way to produce statistical data to measure it.
Thematic Panels: Refers to a session in which various experts analyze a particular topic.
Workshops: Refers to a co-learning session, in which participants exchange knowledge and develop skills and attitudes about a certain topic.
For more information, please refer to:
Center of Excellence in Statistical Information on Government, Crime, Victimization and Justice (CoE)
Phone: +52 55 52-78-1000 ext. 1723