- To provide a space for discussion for the technical-methodological exchange between information generators, professionals, researchers, academics, public policymakers and other stakeholders of the society interested in governance, public security and criminal justice.
- To generate a space for analysis regarding the main indicators of public safety and victimization, prepared based on different sources of information, such as surveys and administrative records.
- To strengthen the coordination of regional and international initiatives on crime and criminal justice, other than facilitate the exchange of successful experiences.
- To promote awareness among the main stakeholders regarding the need to continue adopting international standards that are useful in the preparation of statistical information.
- Discuss new approaches and methodological tools to improve statistical information about criminal activities (especially on emerging and complex crimes), to strengthen the international comparability of data and facilitate the use of this information for the analysis and formulation of public policies.